Digital Assets Exchange
The Service is owned and controlled by Tokenomica Malta Ltd. (Tokenomica), a company organized under the laws of Malta, with registered office at Office 2,
Suite 2, the Penthouse, Capital Business Center, Entrance C, Triq Taz-Zwejt, San Gwann SGN3000, Malta.
Tokenomica Malta Ltd. operates a trading facility known as an ‘exchange’ which engage in providing users of the exchange with a platform on which they can buy and sell virtual assets.
Documents and Policies
Security Tokens Trading Platform
Security tokens trading platform is a trading facility that will provide its users with a possibility to trade with security tokens classified as financial instruments.
For these purposes, Tokenomica is in the process to obtain a Category 3 Investment Services license under Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (‘MiFID’) regime, which will be operated by a separate legal entity.
Under this license, entities are allowed to perform investment activities that are listed below:
- Execution and transmission of clients orders: this function will be performed when a client will place an order to acquire or sell security tokens.
- Dealing on own account: STTP may acquire security tokens directly from the issuers or its clients for its own account, as well as engage in margin trading.
- Portfolio management and investment advice: STTP may be engaged by the clients to manage the portfolios of security tokens, or provide analytics and market research for investment purposes.
- Underwriting of financial instruments and/or placing of financial instruments: this service can be requested by the projects that are issuing their security tokens with the use of Tokenomica’s Security Tokens Issue Platform, described on the previous slides.
- The following Ancillary Services should be covered:
- Safekeeping and administration of financial instruments, including custodianship and related services: in order to facilitate its main activities, STTP may have to safekeep and keep custody of assets of its clients.
- Granting credit to one or more financial instruments, where the firm granting the credit is involved in the transaction.
- Foreign exchange services where these are connected to the provision of investment services.
- Investment research and financial analysis or other forms.
This license shall also allow to make use of a “Single Passport” regime enabling provision of Investment Services across all EU and solicit clients throughout the EU.